Hiking and summer holiday in Obertauern in the Province of Salzburg, Austria
Unforgettable holiday adventures in the mountains.
Hiking & mountain climbing
Spend your summer holiday in the hiking paradise of Obertauern. Just a few steps and you’re surrounded by unspoilt nature and you can enjoy the tranquility of the mountain landscape. Gentle walkers and experienced hikers alike will find routes along well-marked footpaths to suit their level of ability. Cosy alpine inns and huts beckon for refreshment stops along the way.
- Alpine inns and huts serving food and drink
- Hikes to the Obertauern Nature Reserve
- Transport up the mountains in Obertauern:
Grünwaldkopfbahn lift and Hochalmbahn lift are in operation in the summer
Hiking with the “high up” bus ticket
Take advantage of the “Wanderbus” between Mauterndorf and Ennspongau. Bus tickets are available in the hotel. The bus stop is right in front of our 3 star Hotel Weningeralm.
Cycling & mountain biking
Undertake a gentle bike ride with the whole family or a demanding mountain bike tour in the alpine region. The mountain huts in Obertauern beckon for refreshment stops along the way. Here you’ll feel really close to nature.
- Rustic mountain inns and hut for refreshment stops along the way
- Mountain skyver rental at the Grünwaldkopfbahn lift
Swimming & fishing
Jump into cool waters, sunbathe on the lawn and just switch off – enjoy swimming at one of the nearby bathing lakes or outdoor pools on your summer holiday. Obertauern offers anglers a variety of fishing opportunities.
Riding & golf
Explore the region around Obertauern on horseback. Horse riding enthusiasts are well-catered for Tweng, just 10 minutes away. Golfers will find a putting green in Obertauern and golf clubs in the vicinity.
Motorbiking & biking
You’ll find great motorbiking routes with winding roads and mountain passes with spectacular views in the region around Obertauern. The legendary route 99 from Bischofshofen toh Spittal/Drau in Carinthia leads through the resort of Obertauern.
Wildlife & Leisure Park in Untertauern
A special attraction is a visit to the Wildlife & Leisure Park in Untertauern with various wild animals, petting zoo and leisure park. A day full of adventure for the whole family is guaranteed.
- Wildlife & Leisure Park in Untertauern with wild animals and petting zoo
(approx. 10 minutes drive from our hotel
- Leisure park with children’s playground, beach volleyball, football and tennis court
- Admission to the Wildlife & Leisure Park is free of charge
- Circular walk around the Wildlife Park, through the Taurach Gorge to the Wildlife Park Waterfall
- Bathing lake with sunbathing lawn
- Fürstenbrunn pond (fishing for everyone, rowing boats and pedalos)
- Open all year round