Ski and winter holiday in Obertauern in the Province of Salzburg, Austria
Winter sports fun and winter magic
Skiing, snowboarding, & freeskiing
Without having to use your car, you can reach the Kehrkopfbahn lift accessing the Obertauern ski area right from the hotel. Enjoy great skiing on perfect pistes plus a unique mountain panorama.
- Ski area Obertauern with around 100 km of pistes and modern lifts
- Skiing at an altitude of between 1,630 to 2,313 m, guaranteed snow from the end of November until the beginning of May
- The Kehrkopfbahn lift can be reached on foot from our hotel, access to the famous Tauernrunde ski circuit
- Snowpark The Spot Obertauern: 3 pistes with a total of 40 elements, powder kicker zone
- Separate freestyle-freeride routes in the Obertauern ski area
- Night skiing on the Edelweiss 4-seater chairlift (2x a week)
- Children: Ski ghost train, Bibo Bear Family Ski Park,childcare
- Ski and snowboard schools, ski rental and sports shops
- Après-ski-parties and nightlife in Obertauern
Cross country skiing & biathlon
Savour the snowy winter wonderland of Obertauern on cross country trails and biathlon routes. The warming rays of sun spur you on and let you quickly forget the physical exertion.
- There are a total of 26 km of cross country trails: Hundsfeld trail, World Cup trail, Gnadenalm trail etc.
- Trails of varying lengths and levels of difficulty
- The cross country trail leads right past the 3 star Hotel Weningeralm
- Cross country ski lessons available at the ski schools
- Biathlon track for everyone on the Gnadenalm
Tobogganing, winter walks & snowshoeing
Tobogganing with the whole family is great fun on the two varied toboggan runs in Obertauern. Reach the huts on foot or with the “Rodeltaxi”. Exlpore the magical winter countryside on a winter walk or snowshoe walk.
- Toboggan run Gnadenalm: 1.5 km long, “Rodeltaxi” and toboggan rental on site
- Toboggan run from the Südwienerhütte: approx. 5 km long, toboggan rental on site
- Varied winter footpaths and snowshoeing trails in Obertauern
- Ski tours, e.g. from the Gnadenalm to the Südwiener Hütte
Ice skating, horse-drawn sleigh rides & adventure sports
Enjoy ice skating on the natural ice rink in Obertauern. A special highlight is a horse-drawn sleigh ride with the whole family. Adrenalin junkies and daredevils can try out snow kiting and snow biking.
- Natural ice rink at the Gnadenalm Leisure Centre
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides at the Gnadenalm and in Tweng
- Snow kiting and snowbike lessons available at the ski schools in Obertauern
Sports Centre Obertauern
The Sports Centre in Obertauern is the perfect addition to your winter outdoor activities. Here you’ll find a variety of sporting & leisure activities on offer plus a restaurant for refreshment breaks.
- Multi-purpose indoor court for tennis, football, basketball, badminton, fitness room
- Leisure room with billiards, table tennis, darts, gaming machines…
- Curling rink, bowling